Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Haven- A Stranger Magic by D.C. Akers



Sam Dalcome thinks he is so completely average that no one ever notices him. Until he discovers a mysterious stranger outside his home. Bewildered, he tries to uncover the stranger’s intentions. But Sam is sidetracked when he and his friend Travis discover a secret passageway deep in the town’s quarry that leads to a hidden cavern. What they uncover next will not only change their lives forever, but will uncover the first clue to a deadly Dalcome family secret. Sam finds himself drawn into a world of mystery and magic he never knew existed, which brings him closer to a destiny he never knew was possible.

About the Series

Known as a place of refuge, Haven is a sanctuary for those with supernatural abilities. Decades of peace between the Witches, Vampires, Goblins, Elves, and Orcs is coming to an end. Now the once tranquil world is shrouded in deception and corruption. Dark secrets tear at the very fabric of their alliance giving way to an evil that stirs in the shadows. Exhilarating and utterly gripping, the HAVEN series is an action-packed journey full of suspense, magic, mystery, and intrigue.

Buy Your Copy

Amazon

My Opinion

Wow.....Just Wow!!!
As I started this book I was drawn into it like fire with oxygen, I needed to keep turning the pages.
Sam is that kind of character that you think he's just going to be another annoying, whiny teenager, but he's so much more. I'm not saying that he doesn't whine or act like a total jerk, because he does.....he just actually seems to care about his actions.
When he fights with his mom he feels really awful....I mean CLEAN YOUR ROOM awful. That alone made his character so much more. 
Then you have the spiders....GOD I hate spiders. These spiders start at Sam's house and then further present themselves in the cave.
A cave in itself is freaking creepy. But, added more WHOLLY BOOGERS to the effect with the mysterious side cavern. 
I for one wouldn't be moving closer to the thing. I would be saying...."Wholly Boogers", turn tail and run!
On the other hand....Sam's sister is kinda cool. I mean she is the typical older sister, but her ability with water....NICE!
I love the alley scene....I too have at times  wished my anger could do things like that.
As you read this story you get a great feeling for who the family is.....well so you think.
Dad died (NO photos are around), Mom works hard, both kids at each others throats, like a true brother/sister. Just with this family they have weird strangers watching them.....
Or are they really weird strangers??????
Right when you think you'll see what the big picture is....
Cliff-Hanger!!!
Wonderful job Mr. Akers. I currently am trying very hard not to guess what's coming in the next book.....If you could by chance.....
WRITE IT FAST :)

About D.C. Akers


Akers is Amazon Best Selling Author. Like many who enjoy the fantasy genre, Akers started reading it as an adolescent. He was fascinated with Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. He currently enjoys reading works by Dean Koontz, Heather Brewer, J.K. Rowling, and Rick Riordan.
Akers enjoys creating a fantasy world with compelling storylines, while injecting humor and a touch of drama into the action as he did with his first book Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries, which has received rave reviews.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment